When you and your surgeon have decided the best option for your condition is surgery or an endoscopy, you will need a date to have this done and someone from our operation bookings team will provide a few dates for you to choose from.
Once you have a date for surgery, our staff will liaise with the Hospital, anaesthetist & assistant, and then provide you will all the details via email. This will include Pre-Admission instructions, fasting times, contact numbers and information about any out of pocket fees. We will send this email approximately 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
03-9886-7788 option 3
Our Specialists do regular operating sessions at the following hospital
(please note not all specialist go to every hospital)
Waverley Private Hospital – Mount Waverley
Mulgrave Private Hospital – Mulgrave
Jessie McPherson Private Hospital – Clayton
St John of God Hospital – Berwick
Epworth Richmond – Richmond
- Private hospital patients will need to complete their hospital paperwork online. (Please let staff know if this is not possible in your case)
- Hospital paperwork should be completed approximately 1 week prior to your admission
- Your admission/arrival time will be advised in your hospital booking information email. (please note admission time is not operation time)
- Fasting instructions vary depending on the time of your admission, please check the hospital booking information page in your email.
- For Colonoscopy patients only – Please follow bowel prep instructions in your email as a specialised diet is required
- Please take your current medications or medication list to the hospital on admission
- Please advise us IMMEDIATELY if you are taking Diabetic or Blood thinning medications (This is a matter of importance, please contact staff if you have not received special instructions for these medications)
- Some patients do have to stay overnight, please take basic overnight personal care products
- Day case patients can go home approximately 4 hours after their procedure & MUST have someone to drive them home (Taxi/Uber is not acceptable as per hospital protocol)
- When you do not have private health insurance, you are able to have your surgery done at a public hospital.
- You should have filled in a request for elective admission with your surgeon at your time of consultation and signed a consent to proceed. Please let our rooms know if this was not the case.
- Your Hospital paperwork will be sent to the public hospital bookings office for processing.
- You should receive a letter from the hospital within approximately 4 weeks acknowledging being placed on a public waiting list. Please let our rooms know if this is not the case.
- There is not out of pocket expenses to be a public patient however, the waiting time for surgery may vary depending on urgency.
- Once on the waiting list, you need to liaise with the public hospital directly that you have been allocated too.
Please note that some of our surgeons charge an out of pocket fee and this will be discussed with you at the time of booking a date for surgery. If you are charged an out of pocket fee, this is NOT claimable from your health fund and is called a “known gap”. This payment is due approximately one week prior to your operation. The remainder of your account will be sent to your health fund for direct payment back to your specialist.
If you do not have a Medicare card, you will be charged the full fee of the procedure.
If unsure if there will be a fee, please feel free to contact our accounts department on 03-9886-7788 option 2.